Tuesday 21 October 2014

Vivienne Westwood

Vivienne Westwood is an English fashion designer. She was largely responsible for bringing modern punk and new wave fashions into the mainstream.


Above are an example of some of the punk style clothing Westwood has created. She was deeply interested in the Punk fashion phenomenon of the 70's. which can be seen in these designs. Being into punk fashion, I really like these pieces. I think the colours are bold and make a statement. I especially like the first image, the dress looks mainly plain and simple in design but the splash of bold colour to it really sets the piece off. I also like the style of the dress, especially the neckline. It kind of reminds me of paper folded to create the style.




The shapes in the centre and right pieces really stand out along with the bold colouring of the garment on the right. I especially like the shapes used in the centre image and the layers Westwood has incorporated into the piece. Similarly with the right piece, I like how the layers have been pieced on the left of the dress, like belt style attachments to the side of the dress just to add a finishing touch, I think that really sets the piece off and makes it stand out.


This piece I'm not too keen on as to me it looks too plain. However I like the ruffle style in the piece and especially like the belt type fastenings on the legs to the shoes as I think this stands out from the outfit.




Above are more catwalk pieces by Westwood. I picked these as they are mainly very bold pieces and are quite eye catching in terms of the colours and shapes used in the pieces. I like the bold colouring used in the top central piece and also I like the ruffled styling in the second lot of pieces as I think they work. Even though they are just one colour and are quite simple pieces the shapes created within the pieces make them stand out.


This piece is very bright and the colours contrast nicely throughout the piece. I especially like how the colours used are present throughout the whole of the piece and not just one section as i think this makes the piece successful. I also like the strap detailing across the chest of the piece.

















No comments:

Post a Comment