Monday 6 October 2014

Noma Bar

Noma Bar's work stands out to me by the use of bold bright colours in his work. I like how his works can be seen as different things depending on how you look at it. Like the images shown below. 

I like the red riding hood image as just by first glance you see a wolf, but on a closer look red riding hood is visible as the wolf's mouth and tongue. I also like the way he has incorporated the characters from a popular children's book into an illustration showing one main character with another incorporated in the main one.

The parrot illustration also stands out to me by using different things to build up and create a parrot. I like the single bold colours used in the image without the use of shading or line drawings as i think, even though it looks a lot simpler, it is effective. I like how the hand represents the head of the parrot as it looks a little like feathers for the parrot. Also I like the desert island used in the image, kind of incorporating the habitat in which these birds are associated with into the design of the bird.


http://www.dutchuncle.co.uk/noma-bar/

No comments:

Post a Comment