Tuesday 7 October 2014

River Project


The river project began over the summer where I focused on a piece of river and researched everything about it from the people there to drawings and photographs of the river. On starting college, we started creating more visually abstract pieces focusing on the river and words ssociated with the river. We created single line drawings and blind drawings, both of which were new to me and helped me to learn to look more at what i was drawing, amongst many other forms of art.

We worked on various pieces before begginning to create a final piece. A long strip on fabric. We were encouraged to 're-use' pieces of work which we had created previously, something which I hadn't ever really thought of doing. Below is my final piece for the river project, focusing on more abstract features but still closely linked to rivers. I quite like my final piece as it turned out quite different to something i would usually create, i liked the overall composition and the colour involved in the piece. Also, i liked the way theieces were all displayed to show a flow of river as Ithink the pieces worked a lot better together than on their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment