Tuesday 7 October 2014

Fine Art- Through the Senses


After looking at the works of fine artists such as Richard Sweeney i first made some maquettes from my tactile photography work to create paper 3-D designs from the photos, before enlarging my chosen piece on A1 plain white paper. During the making of my large scale paper piece, i realised that it would be tricky to try and make the piece curl around into a 'twister' style. So instead i tried just a loop style which i think although looking more simple it looked eye catching and effective. Also being this way meant it could e more easily hung or displayed. 

However  i do think i could have made my piece a little more complex by adding thinner strips or creating more of the same style in a longer strip piece.

Below are images of the making of my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment